11.06.2011

Everyday I'm Blessed

Yesterday I went to visit my moms mom. Recently her husband, my grandfather went into the hospital for surgery on skin cancer and they found out he has cancer in his liver as well.  He's currently in a nursing home since when he was in the hospital his Alzheimer and dementia really showed itself.  Sadly, his cancer is terminal and he will be staying in a nursing home permanently. 

It's been a rough 2 years for my grandmother with the passing of my mom, her own health troubles and now my grandfather getting sick and more recently cancer. Please pray for her.

Being over there yesterday I tried to soak up every bit of history she had and any morsal she had to throw to me.   It got me to thinking, you never know what life has for you or how long you are blessed to be on this earth.  Live everyday like its your last, love hard and often and help anyone you can.

I hope everyone is well and welcome to any new friends!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete